Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sea Otter Continued

See prior post...
I started making sme observations. For example there was another guy wearing a tie dye jersey who was clearly also stuck there. He broke his crank arm which is a pretty darn rare thing to see.
The course official had a radio but it was difficult to hear folks and it was pretty clear they were not hearing her real well.

Tie Dye Guy told me they had called for the sag wagon to pick us up but that he had been there for a while. I watched as other racers went by veryquickly. we waited and waited, The passing racers got older and younger. There were now like 60 year olds and 13 year olds. We waited and waited. The sun was bright there was a tiny tiny breeze. We waited.

It had been an hour or so before Tie Dye Guy decide he was gonna try and walk it out. A route that looked mighty long to me. I decided to wait it out. THis was a decision I will remember. Just then a little kid wrecked hard. He went down on his right side and created a huge dust up of dirt. It was a a pretty audible thud becasue he was like 40 -60 feet away from me. The official went over to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment