Friday, April 24, 2009

Sea Otter Conclusion

The kid was injured. He did hurt his arm. I couldn't tell if he dislocated the elbow but the woman official walked away from us when she called it in. I gave them my Camelback (A container with ice water) to put on his elbow. People were talking abut the rescue on the ridge, some guy got really hurt. Apparently it took a very long time to get him. Also it took about an hour before an ambulance came for the kid where I was. All the while he had been hanging tough, no aspirin or painkillers, then he would start to cry... regain composure... then cry again. Because he was a minor they had to ambulance him out.

Rule to live by... Do not get hurt at the Sea Otter Classic.

The next day, Sunday, I was watching the downhill bike race. Downhill is a fast course with jumps, technical terrain and tight banked turns. A kid wrecked hard. He broke a plastic pipe holding the race tape up with his chest. A woman and I walked to where we saw an ambulance at the top of the hill. They explained they were going to a rescue at the bottom of the hill so they could not help this guy right now. UM it's a little scary.

They helicopter people out of this race so I always felt pretty safe. I do not feel safe anymore.

Next Blog.. something different

No comments:

Post a Comment